[Rock-dev] place for general_processing packages

Felix Rehrmann felix.rehrmann at dfki.de
Fri Feb 1 09:22:15 CET 2013

Hi all,

just wanted to restart this short discussion on the general_processing
packages with first bringing forward a proposal for a new package
catogery (folder) for data processing stuff that does not care about the
meaning of the data or only supports data processing? Initial that could be:
  - transformer,
  - aggreagator,
  - general_processing,
  - are there other packages coming to your mind?

I think, there will be more in the future. It could be place for a whole
bunch of
time series processing algorithms, filters and generic learning
algorithms (although the category learning could be used for latter).

That category could be called:
- data
- data_processing
- process(ing)
- data_tools
- ...

I would put the general_processing stuff in there and propose the
following names:
- type_to_vector for the library
- type_to_vector or timeseries for the orogen package

Would be nice to here your opinion.

Felix

--

  Felix Rehrmann