[Rock-dev] new servo_dynamixel orogen module

Jakob Schwendner jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
Mon Jul 15 10:42:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've created a new dynamixel orogen module, which is called
drivers/orogen/servo_dynamixel.
It's using the new /base/samples/Joints type for control, and supports
multiple servos on one bus.
It includes a little test script, which you can use to set commands, and it
will report the position, speed and effort.
I've tested it for the spaceclimber manipulator, and so far it worked quite
well.

This module supersedes the /drivers/orogen/dynamixel module. Don't use it
for new designs.

The only thing that is missing in the module is maybe the ability to set the
joint limits. I've already prepared this in the base types, but did not have
time to implement it in the module so far. If anyone is interested, the type
is /base/JointLimits and it already includes (untested) code for checking
the limits of a /base/Joints object.

Cheers,

Jakob