[Rock-dev] New JointState / Joints representation type

Jakob Schwendner jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
Fri Jun 14 12:26:08 CEST 2013

On 06/06/2013 02:53 PM, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> On 06/06/2013 01:51 PM, Janosch Machowinski wrote:
>> Hi,
>> sorry for the late response.
>> I am missing the possibility to represent
>> joints with multiple positions. (E.g. Asguard / Spaceclimber joint)
> You create two joints. I can't speak for SpaceClimber, but that is
> definitely what Asguard is: two separate joints with the same axis.
>
>> Also I wonder why everything is a float, I thought we
>> agreed on using double...
> Yes, and we started reconsidering that choice. Since that reduces the
> size of the structure significantly, and since the precision is really
> not needed there, we settled for float.
even when using cummulative revolutions for position? I haven't done the
calculation for that though. Maybe its still not relevant, but did you
consider this when choosing float?

other than that, what's the current status here? We would like to use
that type for the spacebot setup. Ready to go?

Jakob