[Rock-dev] Management of overrided patches in Autoproj

Charles Lesire-Cabaniols charles.lesire at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 13:28:55 CEST 2013

Hello,

Here is my autoproj configuration:

- I use one package set (let's name it 'base') that defines a package
called 'yarp', and applies patches to it
- I import another package set ('my_project') that defines applies new
patches to yarp by defining them in the file overrides.yml as:

overrides:
  - yarp:
    patches:
        - $AUTOPROJ_SOURCE_DIR/patches/yarpmanager-yarpbroker.patch

All was working well some time ago.
But today, when making a new update from scratch, only the original patches
(the ones defined in 'base') have been applied, not the ones in
'my_project'.

My only idea is that it comes from a new release of autoproj/autobuild.

Is this new behavior an intended feature? or is it a bug?

The point is that these patches should only be applied to people using
'my_project', and that I definitely would like to apply them automatically
when using the corresponding package_set (hence I would prefer not adding
the patches directly into the autoproj/ folder but keeping them into
autoproj/remotes/my_project).

Thanks for any help,

Charles