[Rock-dev] Using default deployments and dynamic ports in syskit

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Mon Jun 24 12:46:52 CEST 2013

On 21.06.2013 14:31, Stefan Haase wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> maybe already discussed, but I have not found anything until now.
>
> 1. How can I use default deployments within syskit?
> Is there another way than doing this:
>
>     Syskit.conf.use_deployment 'orogen_default_trajectory_follower__Task'
>

> 2. How can I use the dynamic ports of the MarsActuators module?
> I have to export the dynamic ports which are created by the
> MarsActuators dispatch function.
> The dispatch function has to be called before the configureHook, so I
> do this within
> the models/orogen/simulation.rb using 'sbot_actuators' for
> actuator_set_name:
>
>     class Simulation::MarsActuator
>         argument :actuator_set_name
>         argument :indices
>         def configure
>             if not orocos_task.dispatch(self.actuator_set_name,
>     self.indices)
>                 puts "Could not dispatch the actuator set
>     #{self.actuator_set_name}"
>             end
>             super
>         end
>     end
>

> Nevertheless, the export
>
>     export sbot_actuator_child.cmd_sbot_actuators_port
>
> fails with
>
>     = port cmd_sbot_actuators of child sbot_actuator of
>     Simulation::Spacebot does not exist
>     | Available ports are:
>     |   Simulation::MarsActuator
>     |     (out)state[/int32_t]
>     = Backtrace
>     | ./models/blueprints/spacebot_simulation.rb:31:in `<class:Spacebot>',
>     |   ./models/blueprints/spacebot_simulation.rb:9:in
>     `<module:Simulation>',
>     |   ./models/blueprints/spacebot_simulation.rb:7:in `<top
>     (required)>',
>     |   /opt/software_spacebot/tools/syskit/bin/syskit:16:in `<main>'
>     =
>

> Best regards,
> Stefan
The dispatch command should work this way.
Have you made sure that the dispatch get's really called on the Task?
Maybe add some debugg output to your models/orogen/simulation.rb file.
The DynamicPorts should be connectable like normal ones.
Regarding the "available ports" output it might be that dynamic ports
currently not displayed here.

Matthias

> --
>  Dipl.-Inf. Stefan Haase
>  Space Robotics and Animation
>
> Standort Bremen:
>  DFKI GmbH
>  Robotics Innovation Center
>  Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
>  28359 Bremen, Germany
>
>  Phone: +49 (0)421 178 45-4108
>  Fax:   +49 (0)421 178 45-4150
>  E-Mail: Stefan.Haase at dfki.de <mailto:Stefan.Haase at dfki.de>
>
>  Weitere Informationen: http://www.dfki.de/robotik
>  Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
>  Firmensitz: Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
>  Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster
>  (Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff
>  Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
>  Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
>  Sitz der Gesellschaft: Kaiserslautern (HRB 2313)
>  USt-Id.Nr.:    DE 148646973
>  Steuernummer:  19/673/0060/3

  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn
  Space and Underwater Robotic