[Rock-dev] dependency websocket-gem unknown in Ubuntu12.04

Leif Christensen leif.christensen at dfki.de
Fri Nov 1 14:38:42 CET 2013

Hi,

autoproj update fails on master due to an unknown dependency
'websocket-gem' in tools/roby on my Ubuntu 12.04 installation:

> leifole at leifole-thinkpad:~/dev/magspace/tools/roby$ aup
>   Access method to import data from gitorious.org (git, http or ssh): git
>   Access method to import data from spacegit.dfki.uni-bremen.de (git, http or ssh): git
>   Which prepackaged software (a.k.a. 'osdeps') should autoproj install automatically (all, ruby, os, none) ? all
>   autodetecting the operating system
>
>   WARN: osdeps definition for python, previously defined in autoproj/remotes/rock/rock.osdeps overridden by autoproj/remotes/rock.dfki/libs.osdeps
>   WARN: osdeps definition for numpy, previously defined in autoproj/remotes/rock/rock.osdeps overridden by autoproj/remotes/rock.dfki/libs.osdeps
> autoproj: loading ...
> run 'autoproj reconfigure' to change configuration options
> and use 'autoproj switch-config' to change the remote source for
> autoproj's main build configuration
>   Which flavor of Rock do you want to use ? master
>   Do you need compatibility with OCL ? (yes or no): false
>   the target operating system for Orocos/RTT (gnulinux or xenomai): gnulinux
>   which CORBA implementation should the RTT use ? omniorb
>   Build with python bindings? false
>
> autoproj: importing and loading selected packages
>   updated tools/roby
>
> /home/leifole/dev/magspace/tools/roby/ is selected in the manifest or on the command line, but its dependency tools/roby is excluded from the build: it depends on websocket-gem, which is neither the name of a source package, nor an osdep that is available on this operating system

Still unsure about this whole gem system stuff, but manually installing
websocket with 'gem install websocket' alone does not help. So where to
define 'websocket-gem' for ubuntu 12.04?

LG,
Leif
--
 Leif Christensen