[Rock-dev] [rock] #384: Adding CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS to rock_standard_layout()

Martin Zenzes martin.zenzes at dfki.de
Fri Nov 29 19:23:19 CET 2013

On 11/29/2013 05:41 PM, rock wrote:
> #384: Adding CMAKE_EXPORT_COMPILE_COMMANDS to rock_standard_layout()
>       Type:  enhancement           |      Status:  new
>
> Comment (by sylvain.joyeux):
>
>   Before doing these kind of things, I always ask myself:
>
>   Why don't the CMake people turn that ON by default ? What are the
>   drawback(s) ?
>
>   Do you have the answer to that ?

No, not really. Was added in 2011 [1] by an llvm/clang developer, and
seems to be mostly used by llvm/clangs tooling Infrastructure... I can't
find posts asking to make it default... The file is only created for
Unix Makefiles (and the "Ninja" buildsystem)...

Right, it would be nicer to just use cmake's default...

[1]
http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=5674844de4b74d0b66cfc6b8237e631702c43637;hp=fe07b0557b0b6cc47c29547d9c1d30a2b440fcd8it

--
   M.Sc. Martin Zenzes