[Rock-dev] uninitialized constant in simple log replay script

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at dfki.de
Fri Sep 6 16:25:44 CEST 2013

On 09/06/2013 03:05 PM, Leif Christensen wrote:
> Am 06.09.2013 14:52, schrieb Sascha Arnold:
>> Hi,
>>> require 'orocos/log'
>> should help.
> That did the trick, thanks a lot.
>
> But in general: what is the standard procedure of finding the right
> require path?
>
> - somehow (grep?, api?) find out where the ruby stuff used is defined
> (in my case [...]/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/log/replay.rb) and take the
> directory path after lib?
That's not such a bad procedure.

In principle, the I guess that the package's README should provide that
information: explaining that there are four "subparts" in orocos.rb
(orocos, orocos/log, orocos/ros and orocos/async) and how to get each of
them.

In general, I believe that we would gain a lot if the package's README
would be displayed in the rock package directory (the way github does
for git repositories) ... Anyone willing to do this :P ?