[Rock-dev] datatype for motionplanner

Jakob Schwendner jakob.schwendner at dfki.de
Mon Sep 16 08:41:27 CEST 2013

Hi Sankar,

the RigidBodyState class has a sourceFrame and targetFrame field. So I guess
that should be fine as the frame_id is concerned. As for the goal_id, I am not
sure what it is for on the ROS side. To collect information from different
sources? To handle out of order results? If I don't miss anything it should be
ok to ignore in the rock/ros bridge. So, just generate an id on the ROS side.

The problem with introducing new types is that it will make it much more
difficult to plug in existing modules.
 And so far, I don't really see a compelling reason (but of course might have
missed something).

cheers,

Jakob

--