[Rock-dev] Joystick and twice a std vector in RawCommand

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Tue Apr 8 14:36:38 CEST 2014

The reason is that each axis could control several sub-axes.

The idea behin is that one one-dimensional arrays does not scale very
whell with different kind of input-devices.
In the past it was one 1D array. We decided to change this.

If you have multiple input deviced, the mapping should be done by a
conversion component. There could be no generic rule how to apply
RawCommands to something else.

You joystick-driver should output the values from the Joysticks as they
are. The mapping for your rover's should be done in a specialized component.

So no i'm against a change here.

Best,
Matthias