[Rock-dev] [rock] #448: orocosrb: Log::OutputReader#raw_read should call OutputReader#raw_read directly, and have #read convert to ruby

rock noreply at opendfki.de
Sun Apr 13 14:15:17 CEST 2014

#448: orocosrb: Log::OutputReader#raw_read should call OutputReader#raw_read
directly, and have #read convert to ruby
----------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  sylvain.joyeux  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect          |     Status:  new
Component:  base            |   Keywords:
----------------------------+-----------------
 This is currently the other way around, which means that we have

 {{{
 pocolog
    -> read raw typelib type
    -> convert to ruby
 OutputReader#read -> get the ruby value
 OutputReader#raw_read -> convert from ruby back to the original typelib
 value
 }}}

 This is a pretty hot path (raw_read is the method used by vizkit), we
 should definitely get rid of the unnecessary to_ruby/from_ruby
 convertions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://rock.opendfki.de/ticket/448>
rock <https://rock.opendfki.de>