[Rock-dev] Questions/Discussion about the managing of control loopS

Vincent vittori vittori.vincent at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 10:52:54 CEST 2014

Hi all,

After successfully used the auv_control for depth control in simulator and
pool test,
I am actually right now looking for ways to have more control on those
control loops,
meaning that I am looking for a way to enable/disable at any time via a GUI
a full/semi heading control / depth control etc.

So far I have a cascade PID control that allows me to have a depth control
as well as attitude control.
The problem is that it's all done in the same PIDController task I mean
with the same configuration file.

I can't clearly see right now how I could separate those things.

What would make more sense:
- Dynamically loading different properties inside the same configuration
files and therefore having more behaviors activated ( I think I saw that
orocos can do that...)
- An enabled/disabled state for the PIDController
- etc.. (open for propositions)

I will be very interested to know how you proceed with avalon for example.
Thank you.

V.v
--
Vincent Vittori