[Rock-dev] Typleib and Builtins...

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 20:08:29 CEST 2014

> Coming back to the signed char / unsigned char / char
> thing above. Is it actually allowed by design (of typelib),
> to have theses three types in the registry not aliased ?
> (char being an alias of either signed or unsigned char)

Yes, and it should stay that way. Typelib fundamental types are this
way represented as the non-ambiguous (u)intX_t type names instead of
the ambiguous normal C names. It requires a little bit more work on
the importer side, but that is in my opinion worth it.

Basically, there are two ways in the importer:
 - either directly translate numerical types into the non-ambiguous naming
 - or initialize the importer's registry with typelib's "standard
C/C++ types". The importer would then avoid resolving them as they are
already present in the registry.