[Rock-dev] Github Organization to store proposed packages or "work in progress" packages

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Fri Aug 29 10:03:42 CEST 2014

Ehm, whats the reason again simply creating several branches on your
--personal-- Clone?
I do this, i have several personal forks, and some branches on these
forks are for "production" some only pull-requests agains some master
(or orogne_loader) branch.

Even on our clone you gan give someone else rights.

And i'm against "new packages developed somewhere else", new packages
could simply places on github,
but don't need to be annouced throught the package set.

Best,
Matthias

On 29.08.2014 09:58, Steffen Planthaber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently I am working with Sylvain on some code which is not part of
> rock-core (yet).
>
> As discussing pull requests is a nice thing, this is troublesome when
> one of the devs is the owner of the repo.
>
> You cannot fork the repo twice in your own account, so it is hard to
> create pull requests. Such a repo can only be forked into other
> organizations.
>
> Also, the places where pull requests are created are cluttered over
> several user accounts, you cannot see, whether someone is already
> working on an issue, before the pull request has bees created.
>
> So I think we should create an organization for packages under
> development and to create pull requests for rock-core. Like "rock-dev"
>
> There are two use cases:
>
> 1. This organization can be used to create forks for pull requests,
> where rock developers all have write access. These forks then are used
> to create pull requests for rock-core.
>
> 2. New (open source) packages for rock-core are created there, this way
> we know what is being developed. Also we can use pull requests from
> private forks and discuss changes done better.
>
> Best, Steffen

  Matthias Goldhoorn
  Unterwasserrobotik

  Standort Bremen: