[Rock-dev] Checking out autoproj and autobuild by default on master

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 21:06:02 CET 2014

>> I was now wondering how you would feel about basically checking out
>> and enabling autoproj & autobuild master by default on the 'master'
>> flavor. It would mean that everyone who would check out the master
>> flavor would basically get the devel version of autoproj ...
> Isn't autoproj/autobuild considered a part of rock? Is it used anywhere
> else?

Outside of Rock, for the Orocos toolchain. I also found out that
autobuild is used here and there completely outside of Rock.

But I don't see how this is relevant to the original question ... The
current behaviour is that autoproj is installed by rubygems. Switching
to tracking master would make such a big change that it is worth
discussing on this ML regardless of everything else.