[Rock-dev] [proposal] little update to the rock update process

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at m4x.org
Mon Jan 6 11:00:01 CET 2014

Hey.

Merge windows have historically be announced one or two weeks in
advance. This is IMO very little...

I would like to propose that we announce the next merge window when the
previous one is closed ... This would allow our users to actually know
when next is going to be broken for a few days, and for stable users to
know when there is going to be a new window.

I think we should also make snapshots of the build configurations, so
that stable users can "pin" a particular Rock release, but that is a
different story I guess