[Rock-dev] Tool: "orokill"?

Martin Zenzes martin.zenzes at dfki.de
Thu Jan 9 13:40:59 CET 2014

Hi,

it happens frequently (at least to me) that some Tasks are not stopped
(killed) correctly on ruby-script-end. This results in running manually
selecting the processes to kill.

There is "orops" which lists all processes in memory (whats the correct
lingo? They are not "started", as this is a state).

Wouldn't it be nice to have a native "orokill" which can stop certain
Tasks? This is what I'm doing with some bash-trickery:

{{{

function orokill {

     if [ x"$1" = "x" ]; then
         echo "argument to kill!"
         return
     done

     # get rid of the "grep" see http://stackoverflow.com/a/9375940
     local procs=`ps -eo pid,args|grep "Leg1"|grep -v grep`

     for pr in $procs; do
         echo "kill $pr?"
         select answer in "Yes" "No"; do
             case $answer in
                 Yes ) kill `echo "$pr" | sed -rn
's/[^[:digit:]]*([[:digit:]]+).+/\1/p'`;break;;
                 No ) echo "skipping";break;;
             esac
         done
     done