[Rock-dev] ActuatorStatus range of positionExtern

Christian Rauch Christian.Rauch at dfki.de
Thu Jan 16 15:28:23 CET 2014

Am 16.01.2014 15:11, schrieb Javier Hidalgo Carrió:
> On 01/16/2014 03:05 PM, Christian Rauch wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am using the Skid4Odometry with a real and simulated robot that
>> provides /base/actuators/Status.
>> Has the value for the positionExtern per motor state to be in the
>> range -PI...PI (and therefore has to be summed up within the odometry
>> component) or must it be summed up to the total position at the
>> component that provides the status (i.e. the real or simulated robot)?
> The Skid4Odometry has iMoby inheritance. Therefore positionExtern is NOT
> a value between -PI .. PI. It is the summed-up of the total position
> since the robot started.
Ok, thanks for clarification. I am asking because Aria provides the
summed-up positionExtern but the MarsActuator provides the values in the
-PI...PI range. I would like to use the Skid4Odometry for both.

Is there a rock standard in which range the values should be and
therefore how to interpret these values?

Regards,
Christian