[Rock-dev] [Rock-users] Unable to start component by ruby

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Tue Jul 1 09:58:16 CEST 2014

Am 01.07.2014 um 09:32 schrieb Matthias Goldhoorn <matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de>:

> @Ruby binding guy's:
> I think the problem with orocos.rb is related to some linking problems of the orocos extenstion.
> I attached the ldd output and the CMakeCache from my installation. So Far i see it should work.
> I compared the CMakeCache with my local one and can't find the fault here.
>
> Has someone i idea what's going on here?

The ruby extension is not linked against ruby. In general it is not nice but should not be a problem because the symbols are already known if the extension is loaded by ruby.

You can try the following and post the output for all steps:

orocos.rb: rake
ruby —version
which ruby
which irb
irb -r 'orocos/rorocos'

Alex

> Best,
> Matthias
>
> On 30.06.2014 13:57, Matthias Goldhoorn wrote:
>> I got the same on my xenomai version of rock.
>> I cc the rock-dev therefore.
>>
>> If there noone give's a hint, i will take a look during this week...
>>
>> Best,
>> Matthias
>>

>> On 30.06.2014 13:50, Tavakoli Siavash wrote:
>>> Recreating and resourcing the env.sh didn't help. Irb outputs some additional info:
>>>
>>> NotImplementedError: method `backtrace' called on unexpected T_NODE object (0x00000002b56bf0 flags=0x381c klass=0x0)
>>>          from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
>>>          from /usr/lib/ruby/1.9.1/rubygems/custom_require.rb:36:in `require'
>>>          from (irb):1
>>>          from /usr/bin/irb1.9.1:12:in `<main>'
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Siavash

Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda
Unterwasserrobotik
Robotics Innovation Center

Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
E-Mail:   Alexander.Duda at dfki.de