[Rock-dev] clang vs. typelib

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 11:03:19 CEST 2014

> rhetorical standard question lwhich os? which llvm-branch?
> did u "make all" in the llvm-build dir, or just "make extractor"?
Mmmmm... One important "detail". It is an out-of-build tree (I got it
to work), so prebuilt clang 3.4 from Ubuntu.

>> One thing you may have missed: types need to be resolved recursively.
>> That is, you need to resolve the fields types, and the fields types of
>> the fields types and so on and so forth.
> we talked about this, and said that these types are pulled later from
> the typelib-registry? no need to resolve them recursively at the level
> of the clang-based-tool? (which still needs a proper name...)
Eeeeh. Misunderstanding.
Nope, they cannot be pulled later from the typelib registry as that
would require the user to basically tell orogen all the files that
should be pulled (replicating the set of recursive includes). If you
think about it, really not fun when you start hitting Eigen or boost.