[Rock-dev] Proposal: the next Rock release

Janosch Machowinski Janosch.Machowinski at dfki.de
Thu Jul 17 23:14:13 CEST 2014

Hi,
we had an internal discussion on how to release, and came up
with a different strategy :
- Create an (example name) 0714_RC1 Branch from Master of all packets
- If someone does not want his master commits on the release, he/she
reverts them
  on the RC Branch
- Change all packet sets, to have also branches / Remove this
in_flavor_stable stuff
- Announce new Release and wait for feedback.
   - Wait for Bugreports
   - Fix the Bugs
   - Announce RC2 ...
- If no hard bugs occur, any more make RCx 0714
Hm, did I forget anything ?
Greetings
      Janosch