[Rock-dev] Using "fuse" devices in Syskit

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Tue Jul 29 09:59:17 CEST 2014

Hi Dev's (primary Sylvain i assume),
In the past i had with Sylvain already a discussion about "Electronic
Fuses" -> devices wich control the power-state of child's.

These Electronic fuses become now more popular at DFKI. Afaik there is
no way of modeling them in Syskit.
Each Slave-Device if a port of a efuse depends on the efuse and a spefic
configuration and state (e.g. port-X-active) of the E-Fuse.

Since syskit as already powerful ways to react to error (like
Monitors/Fault Repose tables) it would be really great and we need it
also do represent and handle e-fuses in syskit.

The Problems here:
1) E-Fuse need to be configured in way that Port for Child X is active
(could maybe handled als dynamic services?)
2) Child X needs to ne configured AFTER 1)
3) On error-State (or output) on a port of the E-fuse Child X is not
working anymore (E-Fuse shuts down due to over current for e.G).
4) on 3) The Syskit fault-response table should handle the error by e.G.
restarting the port and the device ( 1) and 2) ), if it's failing again
leaving it deactivated and switch to another modality (e.g. using only
xsens instead of FOG, or using reduced amount of actuators depending on
the error source).

Afaik the Problem in Syskit is 3) am i right with that?
I what ways this problem/extension could be done.

Best,
Matthias

--
  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn