[Rock-dev] ARM: Bootstrap error in base/orogen/std -- Debian Wheezy in qemu-system-arm

Martin Zenzes martin.zenzes at dfki.de
Fri Jun 6 13:03:29 CEST 2014

Hi,

on my quest to (cross-)compile this heap of software for ARM, I met an
hard obstacle a while ago: Some segfault in a ruby-module calling "merge
xml" or something. Just wanted to share this with you, in case someone
is willing to invest time in this. I'm still developing my skills, am
not able to tackle this right now ;-)

The setup: qemu-system-arm, Debian Wheezy, TransTerrA-Rock-bootstrap
(But fails in the core-phase). Logfile attached to this very E-Mail.

The image (downloaded from aurel32) and start-script can be found at
$WIESE/temp/mzenzes/wheezy-armhf. Login is user:user or root:root,
bootstrap-directory inside the image is
/home/user/TransTerrA/rock_wheezy_arm-linux-gnueabi. Just boot the image
in one shell and login via ssh in a second one (ssh user at localhost -p
2222) and source the env.sh.

Please make a local copy of the image instead of booting from the
network share -- it's faster and will not corrupt the file system if two
people are trying this at the same time ;-)

Because it was easy to check: Same problem with armel and armhf. I might
try another distribution, but it takes three days of bootstrapping
inside qemu to get this far, so...

Greetings
     Martin

--