[Rock-dev] Questions Regarding Typelib

Janosch Machowinski Janosch.Machowinski at dfki.de
Sun Jun 8 21:35:25 CEST 2014

Hm,
after thinking about it a while, I figured, there is nothing like a
packed type.
I suppose you always unpack the data from disc into the given memory area.
This has the advantage, of using the same code path later on, for
handling the
member access.
So for the binding part to ruby, I would simply unpack into the given
memory area, and not care at all, if this is a system type, or not.

I don't really like this, as one would rely on the caller to make sure
that the given memory area is preinitialized properly.

Just out of curiosity, is there a way in typelib, to get a preinitialized
memory area for a type containing a virtual method ?
Greetings
     Janosch