[Rock-dev] [rock] #480: syskit: not possible to define composition/action-depended device configurations

rock noreply at opendfki.de
Tue Jun 10 08:31:22 CEST 2014

#480: syskit: not possible to define composition/action-depended device
configurations
--------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  mago02  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
Component:  base    |   Keywords:
--------------------+-----------------
 I want to set different device-configuration for a device (e.g. sonar)
 dependent on the composition with is executed.

 I need the sonar in a 360deg scanning mode (conf 'default' and/or
 'harbour'), if we do wall-servoing we need only to scan a defined part of
 the sonar-range.

 In the past it was possible to define in the profile section something
 like this:

 define "wall_servoing",
 Wall::Servoing.use(sonar_dev.with_conf('default','wall_right')

 define "localozcation",
 Localization::Particle.use(sonar_dev.with_conf('default'))

 However this is not possible anymore, the with_conf set's a global mark on
 the sonar itself with is not composition dependent anymore.

 Currently i have workarounded it in the start-stop-hooks of the
 compositions, i don't know if this functionality got lost by the syskit
 port and this is a enhancement, or a bug...

--
Ticket URL: <https://rock.opendfki.de/ticket/480>
rock <https://rock.opendfki.de>