[Rock-dev] Flavours, freezes, updates

Traveler Hauptman traveler.hauptman at iit.it
Sat Jun 21 14:20:42 CEST 2014

I don't really have time to join the discussion properly, but I'd like
to say that I have thought about this topic quite a bit in a non-rock
context (but still robotics). We have a large number of repositories
under development, all with external dependencies. Our build system is
built directly on cmake scripts but tries to solve the same set of
problems as autoproj.

I arrived at a similar point as Jakob. Repo heads are easy to think
about and are what developers work with but the only way to provide any
guarantees to a down-stream user is to mark the graph of exact commits
that create a "working" system.

-Traveler