[Rock-dev] gccxml -> clang

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 11:23:13 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Matthias Goldhoorn <
matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de> wrote:

> Unfortunately even this is horrible regarding the Debian support.
> The standard Debian stable points to llvm-3.0, the example i want to start
> with was
> http://clang.llvm.org/docs/RAVFrontendAction.html, which is based on
> llvm-3.5.

We don't support debian stable anyways. I am not even sure Rock builds on
debian stable.

> I'm using debian testing, therefore i already had installed version 3.4
> which contains the needed files (e.G. clang/AST/ASTConsumer.h), but no
> cmake support, compiling with the helper llvm-config-3.4 results in
> unresolved symbols.

The llvm-3.5 packages does not have the needed header again... *warghs*.

Big deal, we'll have to write a cmake macro (or even look for one on the
web) in order to get a full C++ compiler as a library. That sounds like a
fair deal to me. Moreover, clang-3.5-dev does include the header you've
listed.

> Don't know if this is the right way to go now, of course we can compile
> clang with autoproj, but is this the way to go.

Definitely not.

Getting annoyed because cmake integration does not "just work" when you are
looking at something as big as clang is ... a bit asking for too much.