[Rock-dev] gccxml -> clang

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Mon Jun 30 10:01:32 CEST 2014

I had now a working dev-setup (with manual compiled clang), the
external-compilign-support IS a pain in the -------,

Nevertheless what i want to to is to understand how the type-creation is
currently done in orogen/typelib with gccxml.

So far i understood
1. orogen calls the gccxml and forwards it to the typelib
2. typelib creates the structure and tlb's
3. finished

what i don't understand, the gccxml output is only kind of
"preprocessor" output.
How are the padding/sizes/alignments are created or calculated, where is
this part?
I only found this in orogen lib/orogen/gen/typekit.rb:1406. But i have
no clue how the typeinfos are gathered.

Best,
Matthias

  E-Mail:  matthias.goldhoorn at informatik.uni-bremen.de