[Rock-dev] TrajectoryFollower writing stop commands for no trajectory

Janosch Machowinski Janosch.Machowinski at dfki.de
Fri Mar 21 14:45:02 CET 2014

On 21.03.2014 13:27, Christian Rauch wrote:
> At run time the network may change. Example: An action is stopped, not
> writing trajectories any more (respectively writing an empty
> trajectory) and another action writing raw motion command is started.
>
> The point is, that we are using the corridor servoing where its
> functionality (map building, planning) is not separated and we do not
> want to stop the task as we would lose the map then. The planner then
> sends empty trajectories, even when it is not planning. Therefore the
> trajectory follower is always active, even without following a
> trajectory.
>
> I only see two solutions for this: 1) separating the map building from
> the planning in the corridor servoing or 2) prevent the generation of
> motion commands in the trajectory follower, when not following
> trajectories.
1. You can set an apriori map If you need something like this.
1.1 There is already an version in master, where the map building is
seperated. But it is mostly untested for now.

2. For your usecase just disconnect the trajectory follower from the
robot controller and you should be fine.
Greetings
     Janosch

--
  Dipl. Inf. Janosch Machowinski