[Rock-dev] Draft of Github-based development process [IMPORTANT]

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Thu May 22 15:34:17 CEST 2014

On 05/22/2014 02:33 PM, Sylvain Joyeux wrote:
> One other idea:
>
> Instead of keeping rock-base and rock-toolchain separated, I would
> like to keep the "core" packages into a single rock-core organization.
> I think it would really make a lot more sense from an organization
> point of view. The core packages that are currently not in
> rock-toolchain (aggregator, transformer, vizkit*) could be moved there
> as well.
>
> In addition, I would like to merge the two package sets. We would then
> have a rock.core package set that defines a rock.base and
> rock.toolchain metapackages so that people can build without the
> toolchain.
>
> Thoughts ?
Is there a real use case for using rock.base without rock.toolchain? I
guess if someone only wants to build a driver library he is not going to
use autoproj in the first place. Or do we need the separation to build
Debian packages?

Alex

> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Sylvain Joyeux
> <bir.sylvain at gmail.com <mailto:bir.sylvain at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Since we were talking about setting up actual push permissions
>     when moving to github, I've drafted a "process with github" document.
>
>     PLEASE REVIEW
>
>     It will of course need to be updated as we go with it, but it is
>     important to have a consensus on at least the first version ...
>
>     http://rock.opendfki.de/wiki/WikiStart/Standards/RG9
>
>     Sylvain

Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda
Unterwasserrobotik
Robotics Innovation Center

Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

  Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
  E-Mail:   Alexander.Duda at dfki.de