[Rock-dev] vizkit3d: fixing interpretation of transformer configuration

Javier Hidalgo Carrió javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de
Fri May 23 15:32:23 CEST 2014

On 05/23/2014 03:07 PM, Janosch Machowinski wrote:
> Sorry Guys,
> but I don't get your source in target thing.
> All our transformations are simply a transformation from a frame
> A to a frame B. This corresponds with the naming scheme of source and
> target and 'body2Odometry'
> Also
> Point_b = a2b * Point_a
> is for me a completely logical way of writing this down.
Just for the small difference that in reality  (in a mathematical
meaning) is
point_b = (a2b)^-1 * point_a

What you are calling a2b in reality is b2a in terms of transforming
frames (b2a = (a2b)^-1 )
In your case you are not transforming frames you are transforming points
expressed in frames. This is what Alex called as "Source in target"
thing. It is not more than "a expressed with respect to b" which is b2a.

I hope it helps

Javier.