[Rock-dev] [Orocos-Dev] Fwd: Testing needed: autoproj 1.11.0.rc9 and autobuild 1.7.12.rc5

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 16:40:45 CET 2014

Please keep rock-dev discussions on rock-dev thanks. I'm CC:ing the list.

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 6:39 AM, Matthias Goldhoorn
<matthias.goldhoorn at uni-bremen.de> wrote:
> [09:04:21 goldhoorn dev-avalon-21]$ ruby2.1 autoproj_bootstrap dev git
> git at github.com:auv-avalon/buildconf.git
> autoproj_bootstrap:62: warning: Insecure world writable dir /opt/Xilinx in
> PATH, mode 040777
> autoproj_bootstrap:1735:in `<class:OSDependencies>': uninitialized constant
> Autobuild::Exception (NameError)
>     from autoproj_bootstrap:1291:in `<module:Autoproj>'
>     from autoproj_bootstrap:464:in `<main>'
Yuk. Fixed. Thanks.

> if package_enabled?('orogen')
>
> in the rock.dfki package set returns false, therefore no orogen packages are
> known and my bootstrap is failing because these packages could not be found.
> The Same manifest and package set is working on previous versions.

Does the rock-dfki package auto-import rock-core ? If not, the order
is not guaranteed.

Finally, this test is not needed anymore, as the packages will be
auto-excluded if you set the weak_dependencies flag to true (should be
the default for generic package sets like rock-dfki).

It is even harmful because: if someone is trying to get it, in one
case the package would just have disappeared, in the other the user
will get a proper error message that the dependency is not available.
Same problem that
https://github.com/rock-core/rock-package_set/pull/16 is trying to fix
in the rock package set.