[Rock-dev] Uninitialized values for base/types

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 18:19:48 CET 2014

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Matthias Goldhoorn
<matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de> wrote:
> Even it might be annoying but i think the eigen way is good:
>
> Initialize members by default on debug-level, keep them unitialized when
> on release.
> needs_opt (with debug-symbols) should be uninitialized too.

I like the general idea, but would restrict it to full-release (i.e.
not WithDebInfo).

The reason ? A lot of packages are put in needs_opt during development
because performance is simply horrible otherwise. The issue with these
unitialized stuff is that it then leaks in the rest of the system,
making everything a mess (and hell to debug).