[Rock-dev] Corba Problem

Jan Christian Albiez jan.albiez at dfki.de
Tue Nov 11 20:13:40 CET 2014

Hoi!

Here in the land of sun, sea, and bureaucracy we are connecting a Beaglebone Black with a laptop via ethernet. On the beagle a debian arm is running, the laptop is classical debian i386.

After some network interface troubles we encountered the following error, when trying to connect a rock deployment to an other rock deployment already running on the other system:

1: debian at arm:~/rock-robotics/tutorials/orogen/message_consumer_deployment$ ruby scripts/teste.rb
2: 0.146 [ Warning][Thread] Lowering scheduler type to SCHED_OTHER for non-privileged users..
3: 0.148 [ Warning][Activity] Lowering scheduler type to SCHED_OTHER for non-privileged users..
4: Orocos[WARN]: cannot determine the default logger name for process faster_message_consumer
5: omniORB: From endpoint: giop:tcp:[::ffff:192.168.7.1]:36210. Detected GIOP 1.2 protocol error in input message. giopImpl12.cc:885. Connection is closed.
6: Orocos[WARN]: killing running task contexts and deployments because of unhandled exception
7: (...)

The important point is in line 5. Here the onmiORB connection commits suicide. After some digging I found out [1], that this most likely is a problem in the onmiorb implementation. An that it will be fixed in the next version.

Well all the debian based distributions are still at omniORB Version 4.1.6 (which is 3 years old by the way), whereas the current version is 4.2.0. Since two weeks there is a packaged 4.2.0 in debian sid.

But before I start and recompile the thing for the current debians i386 and arm, I would like to ask here if anybody else encountered this problem and solved it in a different way. I don't want to spend time on something just because I am to stupid to see the real problem.

blue skies
	Jan

[1]: http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2013-May/031412.html
--
Dr. Jan Christian Albiez
Senior Researcher - Brasilian Relation

DFKI Bremen
Robotics Innovation Center
Robert-Hooke-Straße 1, 28359 Bremen, Germany

Zentrale: +49 421 178 45 0
Email:     jan.albiez at dfki.de

Further Information: http://www.dfki.de/robotics