[Rock-dev] Merging the "align stable and rock1408" pull requests

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 16:38:47 CET 2014

> - tools/orogen_metadata: (To be discussed whether it should be activated by
> default or not)

I would not even release it:
 - there's still the lingering problem that one field/structure is
called "component" which clashes with a CORBA keyword (we get a
warning from omniidl).
 - there's the question of whether the metadata type should be
exported in base/orogen/std or in its own orogen package. That was a
fair question from Alex a while back, and I also start to wonder about
it.
 - there's the fact that the current tooling around metadata is either
close to inexistent or borderline broken (i.e. relies on hacks).

Moreover, if we can't enable it by default, I don't really see the
point of releasing it.