[Rock-dev] Rock CMAKE macros not working under windows

Michael Rohn Michael.Rohn at dfki.de
Tue Oct 14 10:40:29 CEST 2014

On the cmake bugtracker you will find some bug reports about this
problem. I think there is no cmake solution and it is not planed to fix
this in the near future by the cmake developers.

So we have to handle it on our own.

Greetings
Michael

Am 14.10.2014 um 10:03 schrieb Janosch Machowinski:
> One needs admin rights to create junction points.
> The only command runnable as a normal user is
> mklink /J
> I'll try to figure out if this is sufficient. Anyway, I was
> more looking for a native cmake solution...
> Greetings
>       Janosch
>

> Am 13.10.2014 um 16:43 schrieb Sylvain Joyeux:
>>   From quickly googling about it, it seems that we would need to replace
>> the create_symlinks call on windows by a junction creation (given what
>> we do, should work fine, but someone should please check it out). We
>> would be limited to NTFS.
>>
>> Sylvain
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 5:43 AM, Janosch Machowinski
>> <Janosch.Machowinski at dfki.de> wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>> the Rock CMAKE macros do not work under windows, which
>>> is especially bad for base/types. The root of the problem is the
>>> creation of symlinks, which is not supported on windows :
>>> e.g. :  cmake -E create_symlink
>>> Anyone an idea how to overcome this issue, without changing
>>> the current setup ?
>>> Greetings
>>>        Janosch
>>>
>>> --
>>>     Dipl. Inf. Janosch Machowinski
>>>     SAR- & Sicherheitsrobotik
>>>
>>>     Universität Bremen
>>>     FB 3 - Mathematik und Informatik
>>>     AG Robotik
>>>     Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
>>>     28359 Bremen, Germany
>>>
>>>     Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-6611
>>>
>>>     Besuchsadresse der Nebengeschäftstelle:
>>>     Robert-Hooke-Straße 5
>>>     28359 Bremen, Germany
>>>
>>>     Tel.:    +49 421 178 45-6614
>>>     Empfang: +49 421 178 45-6600
>>>     Fax:     +49 421 178 45-4150
>>>     E-Mail:  jmachowinski at informatik.uni-bremen.de
>>>
>>>     Weitere Informationen: http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/robotik

  Michael Rohn (Dipl.-Inf.)
  Simulation & Elektro-Mobilität

  Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

  Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
  E-Mail:   michael.rohn at dfki.de