[Rock-dev] Update to master/next/stable

Raul Dominguez Raul.Dominguez at dfki.de
Tue Sep 30 15:39:10 CEST 2014

A couple of question about the wiki text
(http://rock.opendfki.de/wiki/WikiStart/OngoingWork/RockFlavorsOrReleases/How).

First one:

Options 2 and 3 share the same first point in the procedure of making a
release:
"Branch all master branches to the release branch/tag ".

Does this mean that the release is generated from the (at release time)
state of the master branch?
To me, it would make more sense to generate a release from the most
stable and documented code we have (i.e. stable).

Second question:

In option 2 is written:
"Rename the 'stable' flavor to match the release name (supposedly so
that the ROCK_FLAVOR variable becomes the "right" branch)"

Does this mean that the stable branch is replaced by the release branch
right after the release branch was generated from master?
Wouldn't that introduce a lot of untested code in the stable branch
users? What is then with next? I am sure I am misunderstanding this one...

Raúl