[Rock-dev] [Rock-users] Place for the robot model and simulation scenes in the bundle

Matthias Goldhoorn matthias.goldhoorn at dfki.de
Tue Apr 7 11:54:20 CEST 2015

On 07.04.2015 11:21, Raul Dominguez wrote:
> On 07.04.2015 10:01, Steffen Planthaber wrote:
>> Am 02.04.2015 um 20:38 schrieb Sylvain Joyeux:
>>> Alternative proposal: we could decide on having a "global" place
>>> (e.g.. under share/rock) where the robot models could be installed.
>>>    From the bundle system's point of view, it would just end up being
>>> another element in the search path, and would allow individual
>>> packages to install sdf/urdf/smurf or whatever of interest.
>> +1 for the install location.
>>
>> This also offers the possibility to manage complex robot/simulation
>> models in own repositories (outside the bundle). For example I uses this
>> to remove some robot parts (an arm) from the original model
>> automatically in build phase (one does not have to maintain two models).
>>
>> This would allow me to integrate the generated model nicely into the bundle.
>>
>> Steffen
>>
> +1 for the robot models outside the bundle.
-1 for creating a separated 'sim-bundle'
the configurations are simliar from my point of view than sim-scenes.
The Consifurations for a System should be on the same location then the
scenes.
Separate simulation scenes without moving the configs too make no sense.

Best,
Matthias

--
  Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Goldhoorn