[Rock-dev] [Syskit] Naming convention for ruby task contexts

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at m4x.org
Thu Apr 30 18:00:55 CEST 2015

One can now create pure-ruby task contexts, i.e. components that do
not have an underlying C++ component written with oroGen. It is used
in Syskit mainly for testing and for simple tasks (such as components
that periodically write always the same value).

Anyways,

I've implemented a naming scheme in Syskit applications that we
discussed a year and a half (maybe two years) ago. The summary is here
(https://rock.opendfki.de/wiki/WikiStart/OngoingWork/Syskit/NamingConventions)
and the documentation on master will be updated as soon as the build
server is kind enough to publish it ;-)

The problem is that there was no convention decided for ruby task
contexts. The tasks/ folder and Tasks namespace is for now reserved
for pure Roby tasks.

So, where should it go ? ruby_tasks would be awkward as it can be
understood only in the context of syskit (in the general Roby context,
Roby tasks are ruby tasks ...). ruby_components ?

My proposal: put them with the Roby tasks in Tasks::