[Rock-dev] Cleaning up camera stack

Alexander Duda Alexander.Duda at dfki.de
Tue Mar 3 14:22:55 CET 2015

Am 03.03.2015 um 14:03 schrieb Sylvain Joyeux <bir.sylvain at gmail.com>:

>>  - string based setter and getter for camera features
>>
>> I assume that you mean "operation" ? Why not properties instead ?
>> Operations are not logged and cannot be set in configuration files
>> (and you can change properties dynamically nowadays if you wishes to)
>>

>> If you want to use properties you would have to open the camera before you
>> configure it to ask for its xml configuration file. Then, all the properties
>> have to be generated dynamically. This is adding a lot of overhead
>> especially if you only want to load a configuration directly stored on the
>> device.
>> Therefore, I would add operations and a property with a std::vector
>> of string pairs to allow a configuration from yaml files (Keep it stupid and
>> simple ;-). To generate the configuration file a tool can be used displaying
>> all available features and values for the current camera in a graphical
>> interface.
>
> You misunderstood me (and we agree). I was referring to having a
> property which is a set of string pairs. But I would remove the
> operations completely.
>
> Sylvain

Hmm, in this case you would not be able to get the current settings of the camera other than asking for the hole xml file. How about, adding only operations for getting values but all changes have to go through dynamic properties.

Alex

--
Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda
Unterwasserrobotik

Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
E-Mail:   Alexander.Duda at dfki.de