[Rock-dev] [Rock-users] Rock web site

Steffen Planthaber Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de
Wed May 20 16:47:48 CEST 2015

Hi,

Yes, no decision had beed made, but we know now that hosting by github
pages is possible

1. We can use rock-robotics.org with github pages hosting (different top
level domain)
2. Generating the packages page by json input is also possible

Am 20.05.2015 um 15:35 schrieb Sylvain Joyeux:

> The main problem is that the package directory should point to the API
> directory. And we should *definitely* avoid broken links.

> When I say that it can be solved, what needs to be done is to more
> cleanly separate the build from the website generation. One idea is
> to:
>   - from a build, have a script *update* a set of JSON files with:
>     - an index of the packages (name, URL, documentation URL, status of
> build) that gets rendered by a client-side JS page
>     - an index of the oroGen tasks and types, which is also rendered
> client-side. This one should ideally be generated from an unpacked
> model-pack instead of directly from the build's install folder (would
> make updating it easier, and therefore separate the two).

I think the script which created the Directory page could also easily
generate the JSON information (package name ans what info is available)

The API (and json) stays at the current location and the Directory page
generates itself based on the JSON information and is hosted on gh-pages.

The website generation would be done directly by jekyll which is
automatically run by github for all gh-pages. So seperating is easy:

- Api is generated and uploaded the old way (with additional JSON)
- The website is generated by github on each push to the website repo.

> The JSON files would be uploaded to a separate domain (could be the
> current server, or even just a S3 bucket which would cost around 1
> cent a month).

Could leave this on the old location

Steffen

> Sylvain

  Steffen Planthaber
  Weltraumrobotik

  Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

  Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
  E-Mail:   Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de