[Rock-dev] Corba initializing error

Martin.Azkarate at esa.int Martin.Azkarate at esa.int
Mon Oct 19 20:51:18 CEST 2015

Hi there,

I am getting an error when initializing bundles which is due to the fact
that CORBA is trying to bind to an IP address that is not available
anymore.
I used to have that address as static IP address but I moved to a wireless
private network and have a new one now (in the 192.168.x.x range). I tried
restarting the corba name service and removing the omninames-*.bak and
.log files but I still get the same error. Any idea why Corba would try to
still bind to the old IP address?
Here the details:

Bundles[INFO]: log files are going in
/media/ssd/dev/bundles/exoter/logs/20151019-2034
omniORB: Failed to bind to address 131.176.25.99 ephemeral port.
omniORB: Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this description:
giop:tcp:131.176.25.99:
3.235 [ ERROR  ][Logger] Orb Init : CORBA exception raised!
3.236 [ ERROR  ][Logger] INITIALIZE
omniORB: Failed to bind to address 131.176.25.99 ephemeral port.
omniORB: Error: Unable to create an endpoint of this description:
giop:tcp:131.176.25.99:
/media/ssd/dev/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/name_service.rb:669:in
`do_validate': CORBA system exception: INITIALIZE_TransportError
(Orocos::CORBAError)
    from /media/ssd/dev/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/name_service.rb:669:in
`block in validate'
    from /media/ssd/dev/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/corba.rb:116:in
`refine_exceptions'
    from /media/ssd/dev/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/name_service.rb:668:in
`validate'
    from /media/ssd/dev/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/corba.rb:87:in
`initialize'
    from /media/ssd/dev/tools/orocos.rb/lib/orocos/base.rb:239:in
`initialize'
    from /media/ssd/dev/base/scripts/lib/rock/bundles.rb:429:in
`initialize'

Regards,
Martin Azkarate
TEC-MMA
HE Space for ESA - European Space Agency
Space Automation and Robotics Engineer
ESTEC - European Space research and TEchnology Centre
Keplerlaan 1, 2201 AZ Noordwijk
The Netherlands
Martin.Azkarate at esa.int | www.esa.int
Tel +31 71 565 3480 | Mob +31 650 625 564
content is not permitted.