[Rock-dev] cereal serialization library anyone?

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 17:22:48 CEST 2016

If you need some C++-based, library-level binary serialization, I
would strongly suggest that you simply go for protobufs. There's
really little magic in serialization, and using something that's
already widely used is definitely a bonus. Also, go for something that
has wide language support (cereal does not, protobuf does)

Apropos C++11, I personally don't know. People at DFKI pushed for
support last year, and it's already available as an option, but other
than that ...

Sylvain