[Rock-dev] git.foo.bar -> git.git.foo.bar

Steffen Planthaber Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de
Mon Jan 18 17:23:45 CET 2016

Hi,

Am 18.01.2016 um 16:46 schrieb Martin Fritsche:
> It does support https when the correct hostname is used (at least for
> me). When you switch to git the hostname destruction is not executed in
> the script, so it propably works, too.

Well yes but you have to type the password for every single package you
check out, where using ssh the ssh-agent can do that work for you.

But you can set the http url directly (overriding the "hostname
destruction") as mentioned in my last mail:

Autoproj.gitorious_server_configuration('DFKIGIT', 'git.hb.dfki.de',
:http_url => "https://git.hb.dfki.de")

> But is the hostname change for
> https intentional?

I guess it was needed for gitorious.org to make all access methods
working just by giving the base url.

For github and gitlab the base url is not different using http. As
gitorious is down, I think that could be changed.

Best, Steffen

> Sebastian Kasperski schrieb am 18.01.2016 um 16:29:
>> I thought git.hb.dfki.de doesn't support https. Have you tried to select
>> git protocol?
>>
>>> Martin Fritsche <Martin.Fritsche at dfki.de> hat am 18. Januar 2016 um
>> 16:14 geschrieben:
>>>

>>> Hi all,
>>> today I tried to bootstrap an existing project.
>>>
>>> To keep it short, I wanted to bootstrap a project from git.hb.dfki.de
>>> and selected https as downloading transport. This resulted in:
>>> fatal: unable to access 'https://git.git.hb.dfki.de/projectname/...
>>> Notice the extra "git."!
>>> I could fix this localy by removing the extra "git." in
>>> .gems/gems/autoproj-1.13.3/lib/autoproj/gitorious.rb
>>>
>>> Now my question is: Is this intentional? Am I (or the buildconf creator)
>>> doing something wrong?
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Martin
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dipl.-Inf. Martin Fritsche
>>> Unterwasserrobotik
>>>
>>> Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:
>>> DFKI GmbH
>>> Robotics Innovation Center
>>> Robert-Hooke-Straße 1
>>> 28359 Bremen, Germany
>>>
>>> Tel.: +49 (0)421 17845-4134
>>> Zentrale: +49 421 17845-0
>>> Fax: +49 (0)421 17845-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
>>> E-Mail: martin.fritsche at dfki.de
>>>
>>> Weitere Informationen: http://www.dfki.de/robotik
>>> Deutsches Forschungszentrum fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz GmbH
>>> Firmensitz: Trippstadter Straße 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
>>> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolfgang Wahlster
>>> (Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff
>>> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. h.c. Hans A. Aukes
>>> Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
>>> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Kaiserslautern (HRB 2313)
>>> USt-Id.Nr.: DE 148646973
>>> Steuernummer: 19/673/0060/3

  Steffen Planthaber
  Weltraumrobotik

  Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

  Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
  E-Mail:   Steffen.Planthaber at dfki.de