[Rock-dev] Rock install on ubuntu 16.04

Javier Hidalgo Carrió javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de
Thu Jul 21 13:42:10 CEST 2016

Hi Rob,

Sorry for my late reply.

On 14.07.2016 22:15, Rob Hewitt wrote:
> Hey Javier, I manged to get it installed. The first step was switching
> to the most recent ruby. I was using an older version to get past an
> error I encountered with tools/roby, but switching to the master
> branch also fixed this.  In the end the things I changed were:
>
>  1. Switched to ruby 2.3 from ruby1.9.3
>  2. enable c++11 for g++
>  3. installed llvm3.7 and added it to the cmake_prefix_path variable.
>  4. Then I ran bootstrap.sh, it failed, and I added Autoproj.env_set
>     'TYPELIB_CXX_LOADER', 'castxml' to the generated /autoproj/init.rb
>     file.
>  5. then I ran autoproj update, autoproj build

I personally did not try those steps by myself. Though, the changes seem
reasonable to me. I am sure someone has already try it, I am including
rock-dev in CC in the message.

Cheers,

Javier.

> I just pieced this together based on reading a bunch of different
> threads on the mailinglist. Not sure if the first two steps are
> actually necessary. Seems like 16.04 compatibility is a work in
> progress so I thought I'd let you know what I did.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rob
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Rob Hewitt <r.hewitt at queensu.ca
> <mailto:r.hewitt at queensu.ca>> wrote:
>
>     Hey Javier, hope you're having a good summer. I'm currently
>     starting a fresh install of ubuntu 16.04 on my PC at home and I'm
>     trying to install rock on it. I've had a few issues but have
>     managed to work through them until now. I've hit a wall with a
>     dependency and I thought I'd run it by you to see if you're aware
>     of it.
>
>     I've attached a photo of the error I get while running the
>     bootstrap.sh file (with all default choices). It mentions
>     something about eigen3, however I believe the actual problem is
>     with the base-types library as eigen3 (version 3.2.8) is installed.
>
>     I've included the .log it produces as well.
>
>     Any help would be appreciated. Looking at the mailing list, it
>     seems I'm not alone with issues related to 16.04 and the base
>     libraries. I sent in a request to subscribe to the mailing list as
>     well, in case you aren't sure what I can do.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Rob
>
>     --
>     Rob Hewitt,
>     B.Sc. Engineering Physics, University of Saskatchewan,
>     M.A.Sc <http://M.A.Sc>. Aerospace Engineering, Carleton University,
>     Ph.D. Candidate in Electrical Engineering, Queen's University,
>     r.hewitt at queensu.ca <mailto:r.hewitt at queensu.ca>

--
Javier Hidalgo Carrió
Researcher

Postadresse der Hauptgeschäftsstelle Standort Bremen:

Fax:      +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
E-Mail:   javier.hidalgo_carrio at dfki.de