[Rock-dev] logger & transformer building fails without C++11 on Ubuntu 16.04

Sylvain Joyeux bir.sylvain at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 19:55:57 CEST 2016

> I would strongly suggest, to switch whole rock then to build everything with -std=c++11 enabled for ALL packages.

I second that. However, there are a few things to do first:
 - will need to check whether all Rock-supported OSes can have it
enabled (14.04 is supposed to be supported until 16.10)
 - will need to enable it in the orogen CMake code *on the relevant OSes*
 - make sure that everyone uses the castxml importer on the OSes where
C++11 is enabled

> We recently encountered ABI problems especially with the boost libraries.

That was and still is the main issue for me. Given that C++11 is NOT
enabled by default in ubuntu, switching globally can trigger ABI
incompatibility issues with the prebuilt packages.

Sylvain