[Rock-dev] Amake stuck

Christoph Hertzberg chtz at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Wed Sep 13 17:50:56 CEST 2017

I've been experiencing the same (since Monday or Tuesday).
For me it gets stuck after a few
   WARN: ... from ... does not have a manifest
(which come after the castxml message)

The strange thing is that some things work, e.g.

$ amake base/types
Finishes after a few seconds (assuming it is already built).

Some modules build, but take very long (although, everything is built):
$ time amake gui/vizkit
real	1m43.573s
user	1m18.188s
sys	0m23.316s

Building everything does not finish even after 20~30 minutes.

However, if I touch the source of some module where amake works and then
run amake in the root dir, everything builds (of course, many things
need to be rebuilt/re-orogened)

I have no idea what is wrong here.

Christoph