[Rock-dev] Force Pushes on GIT

Moritz Schilling moritz.schilling at dfki.de
Wed Sep 27 09:09:57 CEST 2017

Dear developers,

I want to ask you if you also experienced people force pushing to repositories and messing up the history. It happened recently to me with the drivers-orogen-camera_base repository. Fortunately, I had a clean local working copy with which I have been able to reconstruct the history.

I don't think that this is good practice and want to ask you also if we can maybe globally disable this kind of pushing method or at least restrict it to one/the maintainer only.

Best regards,

Moritz