[Rock-dev] Manual changes needed because of Bundler 2.4.2 (and probably later)

Sylvain Joyeux sylvain.joyeux at tidewise.io
Wed Jan 4 18:48:09 CET 2023

Around christmas, the Rubygems people released bundler 2.4. It
unfortunately has differences in behaviors (that are being fixed by the
bundler people ...) triggered by Autoproj. I've been working hard to get to
understand the issue(s) and fix them.

The status of things so far is: in EXISTING workspaces, edit
.autoproj/Gemfile to remove the `gem "utilrb" line, and update the autoproj
version to 2.16.0. If your workspace is already broken because autoproj
itself won't work, you can run the autoproj_install script at

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rock-core/autoproj/master/bin/autoproj_install

from within the workspace's root to fix it (after you have changed the
Gemfile). Autoproj's own bootstrap script has been updated, so NEW
workspaces won't have this issue.

I generally recommend following the documentation at
https://www.rock-robotics.org/rock-and-syskit/basics/installation.html to
bootstrap a rock workspace (even if you're not a Syskit user). It's the
most up-to-date regarding Ruby versions, compatibilities and how to install
things.

Sorry for the inconvenience (and the lack of communication on my part)
--

<https://www.tidewise.io/>

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/tidewise>

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqkA0F52ImGGVNORHx770Vg>

Sylvain Joyeux

CTO

+55 21 3923 5048

43 Equador st., 15th floor, 1502, Santo Cristo

Rio de Janeiro / RJ,  Brasil