Spatial User Interaction
The ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction (SUI) will be the second international symposium focused on the user interface challenges that appear when users interact in the space where the flat, two-dimensional, digital world meets the volumetric, physical, three-dimensional (3D) space we live in. This considers both spatial input and output, with an emphasis on the issues around interaction between humans and systems. It provides a unique opportunity for industrial and academic researchers to exchange about the state-of-the-art spatial and 3D interaction research! Last year, ACM SUI 2013 was successfully held in Los Angeles, co-located with ACM SIGGRAPH.
In 2014, the symposium will last for two days (Oct 4-5), and will be co-located with the ACM UIST 2014 conference in Honolulu on the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii. The goal of the symposium is to provide an intensive exchange between industrial and academic researchers working in the area of spatial user interaction and to foster discussions among participants. All areas of spatial UI research will be presented, including:
- Spatial interaction techniques
- Spatial user interface metaphors
- Spatial input devices and technology
- Interaction on spatial, stereoscopic, and 3D displays
- Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
- Collaborative interaction in 3D space
- Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
- Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
- Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
- Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education.
- Gesture-based spatial interaction
- Tangible spatial user interaction
- Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
- Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
- Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
Researchers can participate in a number of ways, including submitting full technical papers, short papers, posters and demos.
Microsoft Research, USA
sui14generalchair [at] gmail.com